In-house Legal Counsel
Who we are
Bananatag is a fast-growing technology company located in British Columbia, with customers around the globe. Our flagship product is our software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform which helps design, distribute and measure employee communications and promote engagement in organizations large and small. Our customers include some of the most recognizable brands in the world. A strong belief in our mission and dedication to quality and customer service has helped us stand out from our competitors, but it's our strong company culture that has earned us a reputation for being a unique and fun place to work.
What we’re looking for
This is an exciting time to join our company as Legal Counsel, working out of our head office in Kelowna, British Columbia. Reporting to General Counsel, the role of Legal Counsel will primarily involve negotiating and drafting commercial contracts, including US, Canadian, European, and Australian SaaS agreements, NDAs, and vendor and partner agreements, as well as supporting and advising internal clients on matters such as contract interpretation, negotiation tactics, compliance, privacy and IP. As a member of a small legal team in a rapidly growing company, there will be plenty of opportunity for growth and involvement in a wide variety of legal practice areas.
Required Skills / Experience
- Approximately 3 years experience working as a commercial lawyer, preferably with SaaS contract experience
- Familiarity with privacy regulations, including GDPR, would be an an asset
- Superior attention to detail, as well as strong analytical and risk mitigation skills
- Self-motivated, get along well with others, and able to work well with business teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to negotiate contracts successfully
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, lean and open office environment
Stock options, competitive compensation and benefits, a fun work environment and great work-life balance also included.
Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this position!